See our Taming Syria investigation Overview Infographics here: https://freenet.space/read-blog/328
See our Taming Syria I investigation here: https://freenet.space/read-blog/275
Greetings! We are Anonymous.
SYRIA - STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS, RESEARCH, MONITORING EVALUATION (ME), OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
Bidders had to be able to deliver HMG funded programmes in three areas:
1. Strategic communications: managing communications influence campaigns in or in relation to conflict affected states, engaging target audiences: in country at the grassroots level, nationally, regionally, and internationally. Capacity building of local independent media platforms, with activist groups, local councils and civil society organisations. Mentoring, training and coaching for enhanced delivery of media services, including digital and social media, etc.
2. Research, and monitoring and evaluation: programmatic monitoring and evaluation services including information gathering to profile, create baselines as well as to assist in the generation of measures of effect and indicators for impact assessment, etc.
3. Operational support: quickly hire and mobilise expert staff internationally, and locally in the region from a range of thematic backgrounds and functional areas, that were well versed in operating in the region and in conflict affected contexts. Provide a range of services to develop the capacity and credibility of a nascent political institution or transitional authority. This included but wasn't limited to provision of experts, mentors, instructors, training teams, equipment, technical services, legal assistance, and capacity substitution, etc.
The project commenced in 2014.
Files with FCO Requirements:
1. ATTACHMENT 4 - SoR's https://ufile.io/8fvo6wve
2. ATTACHMENT 4.2 - Call-Off Terms of Reference https://ufile.io/0jv90sl4
1. 1. 6 .3 ARK Business Activities https://ufile.io/56vwcmr5
2. ARK 1.2.5 CORPORATE OWNERSHIP CHART https://ufile.io/hh6rd4qe
3. ARK 1.2.23 Supply Chain https://ufile.io/tqtt2gz4
4. Company experience. ARK 2.1.3 https://ufile.io/obx7a46c
5. Example scheme of providing salary stipends and operational funds to Free Syria Police. ARK 2.1.4 https://ufile.io/cucl8sd2
6. ARK and its justice sector partner Tsamota supported the establishment of the Syrian Commission for Justice and Accountability (SCJA). The SCJA had grown to be a majority-Syrian not-for-profit organisation with over 90 staff. ARK 2.1.8 https://ufile.io/d3dnkx5e
7. ARK's established Syrian communications team in Turkey/Syria. ARK 2.2.3 https://ufile.io/iuvt0zeu
ARK was behind the anti-regime protests in Saraqeb, Idlib, in 2013:
ARK used its networks to facilitate links between the Syrian opposition and grassroots media:
8. Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) programming. ARK 2.2.5 https://ufile.io/hhdnezl4
ARK ran Twitter and Facebook page on behalf of the Syrian Civil Defence teams:
9. Network of FM radio stations and community magazines inside Syria. ARK 2.2.6 https://ufile.io/284zomtp
10. Development of a core Syrian opposition narrative. ARK 2.2.7 https://ufile.io/1rygxhzw
11. Building press office function capacity of the National Coalition (NC) and media offices affiliated to Syrian opposition institutions, including the NC Presidency, Interim Government (IG), Assistance Coordination Unit (ACU), and Free Syrian Army (FSA). ARK 2.2.8 https://ufile.io/77um5sea
12. Mentoring, coaching and facilitation services for media training. ARK 2.2.9 https://ufile.io/hodmtmlm
13. Trainings on a range of media topics, from citizen journalism workshops with Syrian media activists, to working with senior members of the National Coalition to develop a core communications narrative. ARK 2.2.10 https://ufile.io/2rv9ndq7
More than 150 activists were trained and equipped by ARK:
ARK helped draft an acceptance speech for the interim government ex-Prime Minister Ahmad Tomeh:
14. ARK technical staff in detail. ARK 2.2.12 https://ufile.io/hxo9hs9v
15. ARK, as a company that had specialised in Syria programming for more than three years, had access to a wide-range of networks in Syria. ARK 2.2.13 https://ufile.io/yckzx9a9
ARK trained over 1,400 beneficiaries representing over 210 beneficiary organisations in more than 130 workshops, and disbursed more than 53,000 individual pieces of equipment. This network reached into all of Syria's 14 governorates (see map below):
16. ARK employed a multi-national project team with extensive experience managing programmes and conducting research funded by many different governmental clients in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Turkey, the Palestinian Territories, Iraq and other conflict-affected states. ARK 2.2.14 https://ufile.io/5db2juq7
The following excerpt needs no comment. Media activists, civil society organisations, human rights defenders, refugee communities, IT managers, Interim Government PM, senior members of the Free Syrian Army and many others were in the ARK's network:
17. Target Audience Analysis. ARK 2.2.16 https://ufile.io/bg5rxlf2
18. Pricing of services. ARK 2.2.17 https://ufile.io/3chwn5et
19. Participation through the Project Cycle. ARK 2.2.22 https://ufile.io/6c0by1mm
Illustrative example of ARK's activity in Syria:
20. Print media distribution. Risk-sensitive distribution mechanisms. Opposition Media Outlets. Active Network of Contacts and Stringers. ARK 2.2.23 https://ufile.io/rncg2no9
21. Sample surveys to identify groups or categories as potential target audiences (PTAs). ARK 2.3.6 https://ufile.io/r7tgz1tu
22. ARK created and ran a Twitter feed and Facebook page on behalf of the Civil Defence teams, posting photos and updates on their activities in English multiple times a day. ARK 2.3.7 https://ufile.io/k8gv0b5k
23. Stakeholder engagement. ARK 2.3.12 https://ufile.io/8d2wei41
24. Turkey-based Research and Analysis (RA) capability, staffed entirely by Arabic speakers with experience living and working in Syria, disseminating outputs via a dedicated reporting officer. ARK 2.3.13 https://ufile.io/0owm8fjr
25. Non-exhaustive list of core services provided by ARK. ARK 2.3.15 https://ufile.io/2je1tk2y
26. ARK's Participatory Capacity Self-Assessment Process. ARK 2.4.6 https://ufile.io/08nbdv9m
27. ARK carried out 16 Planning for Civil Administration and Transition (PCAT) workshops, working with a total of 330 members of local councils, local coordination committees and other governance actors from eight provinces across Syria. The PCAT model was adopted by the US government as a delivery template in Syria. ARK 2.4.7, ARK 2.4.8 https://ufile.io/mlo9jf0k
28. Types of Operational Support services as a standard part of its programming, with examples of pricing. ARK 2.4.9 https://ufile.io/t1qc0d2h
29. Sustainable mechanisms to provide direct and indirect budget support to Syrian beneficiaries and nascent institutions. ARK 2.4.10 https://ufile.io/pbszcg7o
30. ARK FZC PPM TSN DMCC Licences https://ufile.io/g1db0zo2
31. ARK FZC 2013 2012 Financial Statements https://ufile.io/7993kv4c
32. ARK Insurance Binder https://ufile.io/8pzvoz04
33. COMPLETED Attachment 5 Update - Commercial Costings https://ufile.io/c5l1fg3t
Innovative Communications Strategies (InCoStrat), LLC
1. InCoStrat Corp Structure https://ufile.io/8x6v0gfr
2. A brief summary of capability and experience. 140908-InCoStrat at a glance-release https://ufile.io/gn5jw13a
3. 140912 - InCoStrat-2.1.10-Values and standards-Release https://ufile.io/5jswpeq7
4. 140912 - InCoStrat-220.127.116.11.12 - media handling-tech skills_Release https://ufile.io/mb1espbe
5. 140914_ InCoStrat-Attachment 7_declaration-signed https://ufile.io/1h4mvzoo
6. 140914_inCoStrat-Attachment 6_BonaFide-Signed https://ufile.io/76tktjpz
7. 140917 - InCoStrat-1.5.3-Financial history-Release https://ufile.io/19ibe69h
8. 140917 - InCoStrat-2.1.6-Risk-Release https://ufile.io/mccs6jug
9. 140917- InCoStrat -2.1.7-2.1.8 - multidonor-Release https://ufile.io/kqngj502
10. 140917- InCoStrat-2.2.2-pan arab news networks_Release https://ufile.io/mkbun426
InCoStrat experience in promoting Syrian opposition in the Media:
3. 140917-InCoStrat - 2.2.8-building press office functions_Release https://ufile.io/zt8go4xd
4. 140917-InCoStrat- 2.2.22syrian involvement participation_Release https://ufile.io/6xx4lvn7
InCoStrat staff worked with prominent Syrian opposition leaders:
1. 140917-InCoStrat-2.1.3-Facilitation of budget support to nascent institutions-Release https://ufile.io/flxisud5
2. 140917-InCoStrat-2.1.4-Financial checks_Release https://ufile.io/yb40pz9z
3. 140917-IncoStrat-2.1.5-Institutional capacity building-release https://ufile.io/uln1ojd7
4. 140917-InCoStrat-2.1.9-Value for Money-Release https://ufile.io/as01wdjp
5. InCoStrat supported communication programmes in Syria, assisting and working alongside many of the key opposition groups: the National Coalition, the Supreme Military Council, the Free Syrian Army, civil society groups, the Syrian Tribal Council and civil activists. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.4-managing influence campaigns, grassroots etc._Release https://ufile.io/k1ii82kl
6. InCoStrat personnel had been providing support to local independent Syrian media platforms and civil society organisations working with a number of different Conflict Pool implementers. This included the development and support of eight FM radio stations and six community magazines across Syria, the development and management of the National Coalition media office, the development and management of Basma for over a year and the development and management of the multimedia platform supporting the moderate armed opposition. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.6-supporting local media platforms_Release https://ufile.io/jvrp28hv
7. Members of InCoStrat worked with the Syrian National Coalition's (NC) Media Office in Istanbul to develop strategic communications capability and also the Libyan National Transitional Council during the combat and post combat phase in Libya in 2012. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.7-stratcoms political institutions_Release https://ufile.io/5d1bm0db
8. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.9-mentoring coaching_Release https://ufile.io/cyl275ue
9. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.10-speeches, press releases_Release https://ufile.io/05jccgzl
10. 140917-incostrat-2.2.13 access to networks_Release https://ufile.io/b31iokq8
InCoStrat team had strong relationships with 54 brigade commanders in Syria's southern front:
11. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.14-est contacts in Arabic Speaking conflict_Release https://ufile.io/exr1hfsw
12. Target Audience Analysis. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.15-TAAs_Release https://ufile.io/xnwgdrjy
13. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.17 core services_Release https://ufile.io/od2hp7q9
14. 140917-InCoStrat2.2.18-19-media monitoring_Release https://ufile.io/db3c6olj
15. Members of InCoStrat had been managing and delivering on behalf of an existing implementer an FCO funded project to provide media and communication support to the moderate Syrian armed opposition since October 2013. The project at the time received approximately 40% of its funding from non-UK sources to ensure it was sustainable whist maintaining the UK's 'Golden Share' and control. 140917-InCoStrat-18.104.22.168.21-example of successful stratcom project_Release https://ufile.io/9ubn19ip
16. InCoStrat team were in weekly contact with a network of over 1600 journalists and people of influence related to Syria, and had established relations with most of the key regional media outlets, to include TV, radio and print. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.23-content delivery_Release https://ufile.io/b8zdqx24
17. 140917-InCoStrat-2.2.24-innovative communications_Release https://ufile.io/ovgmp467
18. 140917-InCoStrat-3.1.1- Pricing model_release https://ufile.io/z407rgv3
19. 140919-InCoSTRAT Insurance 09 19 2014 https://ufile.io/reke04y9
20. FilingCertificate-7 https://ufile.io/5dgz5au8
SUPPORT TO GRASSROOTS MEDIA ACTIVISM (SYRIA)
The project's aim was to select, train, support and mentor Syrian oppositionist media activists who abided by a set of values that were consistent with UK policy. A partnership was required, between the UK (delivered through a commercial implementing partner) and the selected Syrians. The project needed to establish and support a network Syrians operating both from outside and inside Syria with the necessary skills and equipment.
The implementer assumed responsibility for the project from 1 Jan 15 for a period of 15 Months to the end of FY 15/16.
Files with FCO Requirements:
ATTACHMENT 2- Statement of Requirements https://ufile.io/9f8osqhx
1. 20141125 Syria Framework Grassroots Budget https://ufile.io/tq0luvdn
2. 20141125 Syria Framework Grassroots Proposal https://ufile.io/9ml1tpoc
Albany believed that Basma project had been compromised and proposed an alternative:
Albany's project management scheme:
3. 20141125 Syria Framework Grassroots Team CVs https://ufile.io/fwajdn5e
1. ARK had a core cadre of 61 well-equipped stringers, robust activist distribution networks inside Syria and a highly skilled all-Syrian production team based in Turkey. ARK also created the Basma ('fingerprint') brand. ARK Support to Grassroots Media Activism in Syria https://ufile.io/kdf1gqxs
ARK's network of local Syrian media organisations:
ARK's plans to undermine the Assad regime:
ARK's extensive network of means of delivering information:
2. COMPLETED ATTACHMENT 3 - Pricing Model https://ufile.io/wm31ndpu
3. Grassroots Notification Letter ARK https://ufile.io/k2p2wsbo
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA OPERATIONS SUPPORT TO THE SYRIAN MODERATE ARMED OPPOSITION (MAO)
The purpose of the project was to contribute to an effective and credible Syrian MAO through StratCom and Media Operations capacity building; as part of the achievement of wider HMG intent. This took the form of centrally coordinated support to the Revolutionary Forces Syria (RFS), at the operational and tactical levels, with the capability to expand back into the strategic space, to help build an effective opposition political-military interface and to make MAO broadly accepted as the alternative to the Assad regime.
The project started on January 1, 2015 and ended on March 31, 2016.
Files with FCO Requirements:
ATTACHMENT 2 - Statement of Requirements https://ufile.io/onuqevv9
1. 20141125 Graphics and images not included in page limit https://ufile.io/kb3y7fn5
2. 20141125 Syria Framework MAO Budget https://ufile.io/zzm60dy7
3. 20141125 Syria Framework MAO Proposal https://ufile.io/b5sht7z6
Albany's track record of supporting military forces in a theatre of operations and enhancing reputation and media performance of high profile and key Syrians:
5. 20141125 Syria Framework MAO Team CVs https://ufile.io/knqbntud
(STRATCOM) SUPPORT TO THE MAO (SUPREME MILITARY COUNCIL (SMC) AND WIDER FREE SYRIAN ARMY (FSA))
The project aimed at enhancing the reputation of the SMC/FSA and improving FSA discipline thereby degrading the Assad regime narrative through effective STRATCOM.
Project started in October 2013 and lasted until March 2014.
Files with FCO Requirements:
ATTACHMENT 2 - Statement of Requirements https://ufile.io/zvdzdpb7
1. Completed Attachment 3 - Pricing Model https://ufile.io/ec8p6hot
2. Activity Based Budget. CPG 01737 ARK FZC ROM Costs https://ufile.io/wb0qmn9d
3. Methodology. CPG01737 ARK 1.3.1 https://ufile.io/go452zrd
ARK's strategy to re-brand Syrian military armed opposition to make it distinguishable from extremists:
4. ARK was already well known to the SMC, having provided judges and senior armed opposition actors with Law of Armed Conflict training in April 2013. CPG01737 ARK 1.3.2 https://ufile.io/k8stc4d2
5. Past performance. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.1 https://ufile.io/d68y7439
6. Detailed project timeline. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.2 https://ufile.io/wppq4cd6
7. Risk and mitigation matrix. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.3 https://ufile.io/21w5ct9f
8. Contract management controls. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.4 https://ufile.io/pl483f2d
9. Identified improvements to scope. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.5 https://ufile.io/bg53mcul
10. To ensure the sustainability of the project, ARK had chosen an Arab-led team from the outset to ensure maximum SMC/FSA buy-in to, and engagement with, the project. CPG01737 ARK 1.4.6 https://ufile.io/vrbdxnhw
11. Project Core Team. CPG01737 ARK 1.5.1 https://ufile.io/qzlxn1m8
12. Project Team CVs. CPG01737 ARK 1.5.2 https://ufile.io/2cywxg51
13. Confidentiality undertaking. CPG01737 ARKFZC Compliance https://ufile.io/7n4mlkbq
OTHER FCO FILES ON SYRIA:
1. List of FCO suppliers in Syria. CPG-1044-2016 EoI - Potential Partnering Message https://ufile.io/v4uf7j8g
2. The Global Strategy Network (TGSN) proposal to conduct strategic communication campaigns on behalf of the FCO. 1.2-1.4 Methodology_TGSN https://ufile.io/f72f59j7
TGSN's asset SY24 staged and filmed the famous viral image of a girl trapped in rubble who tried to save her baby sister:
3. TGSN's network of networks. 1.5-1.6 Processes_TGSN https://ufile.io/pgzo4kya
4. TGSN's resources and assets. 1.9 Resources_TGSN https://ufile.io/x34bpxjg
Here you can download the archive containing files from all the above mentioned FCO projects. https://anonfiles.com/z9B2AeRbob/Complete_FCO_rar
This is a detailed but far from complete picture of HMG involvement in the Syrian civil war. They nurtured those allegedly independent civil society organisations, mentored activists and created networks of allegedly independent Media. They trained, equipped and armed the rebels. They created the image of valorous opposition fighters... the list may continue endlessly.
This time we make no demands. Op. HMG Trojan Horse has just begun and we are not going to stop. We call on all independent Media from around the world to join our effort and expose criminal activity of the UK's FCO and secret services. We declare war on the British neocolonialism!
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
You should have expected us!