1. General information
1. This policy applies to the website available at the following Internet address: freenet.space
2. The Website operator (hereafter referred to as the Operator) and the personal data administrator (hereafter referred to as the Administrator) is: freenet.space
3. The Operator's e-mail contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Operator is the Administrator of your personal data in respect of the data provided voluntarily on the Website.
5. The Website uses personal data for the following purposes:
• Running a comment system
• Running an Internet forum
• Running an online chat room
• Presenting the user's profile to other users
• Displaying user's announcements
• Presenting offers or information
6. The Website gathers information about users and their behavior in the following ways:
• Through data voluntarily entered via forms into the Operator's systems.
• By saving cookie files in end devices.
• By sending information from the browser regarding the user's location (if his consent is given).
2. Selected data protection methods used by the Operator
1. The places of entering personal data are protected in the transmission layer (SSL certificate). Thanks to this, personal data entered on the website are encrypted on the user’s computer and can be read only on the target server.
2. The user's passwords are stored in hashed form. The hash function is a one-way function, therefore there is no way to reverse the operation which is now a modern standard in the field of storing passwords.
3. The Website uses two-factor authentication, which is an additional method of protection for logging in to the Website.
4. The operator periodically changes its administrative passwords.
5. In order to protect data, the Operator regularly makes backup copies.
6. An important element of data protection is the regular updating of all software used by the Operator to process personal data, which in particular means regular updates of programming components.
1. The website is hosted (technically maintained) on the operator’s server: 1984hosting.com
4. Your rights and additional information on how the data are used
1. In some situations, the Administrator has the right to transfer your personal data to other recipients, if it is necessary to perform the contract concluded with you or to fulfill the obligations incumbent on the Administrator. This applies to such groups of recipients:
• persons authorized by us, employees and co-launderers, who must have access to personal data in order to perform their duties,
• hosting company,
• companies with which the Administrator cooperates in the field of own marketing,
• public authorities (if it is necessary due to the law and at the request of an authorized body)
2. Your personal data processed by the Administrator for no longer than it is necessary to perform related activities specified in separate regulations (e.g. on keeping accounts).
3. You have the right to request from the Administrator:
• access to personal information about you,
• correcting them,
• processing restrictions,
• and data transfer.
4. You have the right to object to the processing indicated in point 3.3 c) to the processing of personal data in order to perform legally legitimate interests pursued by the Administrator, however, the right of objection can not be exercised if there are valid legally valid grounds for processing, overriding interests, rights and freedoms, in particular establishing, investigating or defending claims.
5. The Administrator's actions are subject to a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
6. Providing personal data during registration or when logging in is voluntary, but necessary to service the Website.
7. In relation to you, actions may be taken consisting of automated content delivering resulting from the functioning of the Website.
8. Personal data is not transferred from third countries within the meaning of the provisions on the protection of personal data. This means that we do not send them outside the Iceland.
9. Same data may be transferred to third parties, such as yandex.com in the case of using the automated translation engine and twilio.com to establish audio/video connections, with the indication that above-mentioned websites do not process data from freenet.space users for user identification purposes.
5. Information in forms
1. The website collects information provided voluntarily by the user, including personal data, if provided.
2. The website may save information about connection parameters (time, IP address).
3. The website, in some cases, may save information facilitating the connection of data in the form with the e-mail address of the user completing the form. In this case, the user’s email address appears inside the url of the page containing the form.
4. The data provided in the form are processed for the purpose resulting from the function of a specific form, e.g. to process the service request, recruitment process or business contact, service registration, etc. Each time the context and description of the form clearly indicates what it is used for.
6. Administrator's logs
1. Information on the behavior of users on the site may be subject to login. These data are used to administer the website.
7. Information about cookies
2. Cookies (so-called "cookies") are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Website User's end device and are intended for using the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, their storage time on the end device and a unique number.
3. The entity that places cookies on the Website User's terminal device and gains access to them is the Website operator.
4. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Maintaining the Website user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Website
6. The Website uses two basic types of cookies: “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the user’s end device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s end device for the time specified in the cookie parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
8. Cookies placed on the Website user’s end device may also be used by entities cooperating with the Website operator.
9. Managing cookie files – how to give and withdraw consent in practice?
1. If the user does not want to receive cookies, he can change the browser settings. We reserve that disabling cookies necessary for authentication processes, security, maintaining user preferences may make it difficult, and in extreme cases may prevent the use of website.
2. To manage cookie settings, select the web browser you use from the list below and follow the instructions: